A big thank you to John Lewis and Music For All for giving us grants towards our Young Leaders programme.
Our Young Leaders programme provides an opportunity for our teenage musicians to get involved with running the band. They gain valuable skills and experience in leadership and teamwork which may also be useful in their CVs and Personal Statements when applying for jobs or university.
Young Leaders are involved with:
- Mentoring less experienced members of the band.
- Helping newer members to learn our existing repertoire.
- Teaching new tunes to sections of the band.
- Leading the band at gigs.
All activities are supported by our Music Director and other adult members of the band.
Future activities may include arranging or composing pieces for the band.
Key skills the Young Leaders will develop are:
- Counting to four loudly!
- Arranging and composing music.